Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Addding enums to custom processing blocks

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Addding enums to custom processing blocks
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 13:01:55 -0400

On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 9:26 AM, John Wilson <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What's the process by which enums are added to the Python namespace via SWIG
> in gnuradio? I mean in gr_firdes, the following are added to the gr.firdes
> namespace in Python:
>
>   enum win_type {
>     WIN_HAMMING = 0,    // max attenuation 53 dB
>     WIN_HANN = 1,    // max attenuation 44 dB
>     WIN_BLACKMAN = 2,    // max attenuation 74 dB
>     WIN_RECTANGULAR = 3,
>     WIN_KAISER = 4,     // max attenuation variable with beta, google it
>     WIN_BLACKMAN_hARRIS = 5,
>   };
>
> But I can't seem to get it to work with my code?
>
> Cheers,
>
> John

Which version of GNU Radio are you using? That'll make a difference on
how easy it is to set this up.

In 3.7, we declare the enum inside of the gr::filter namespace. In the
filter_swig.i file, the firdes.h header is included using both the C++
and Swig methods to makes sure everything in it is read and processed
properly.

%{
#include "gnuradio/filter/firdes.h"
%}

%include "gnnuradio/filter/firdes.h"

If you're running 3.6, you can do similar. But check how gr_firdes.i
is written such that it redeclares the enum in SWIG.

--
Tom
GRCon13 Oct. 1 - 4