[Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio Multithreading application issue

From: Naceur
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio Multithreading application issue
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2013 23:01:55 -0700 (PDT)

Hello list,

I have coded a top block flow graph which connect some custom modulator
shared pointer to a USRP sink,
The question is that apart from the thread that is being run when calling
tb->start, I would like to have running in the background either a
daemon-like process which access a (static variable) queue member of the
modulator class or a thread which can be detached.

I tried a lot of codes but unsuccessfully, when I try to test the whole flow
graph working I realise (by some printf) that the code is executing the core
of the modulator work only once (the top block process) wherever the other
thread (called after tb->start) is being executed continuously (inside while
loop).

Sorry if the question seems so confusing, but to be clear I like to know how
can the
            * modulator connected to usrp sink
and the  * thread called after tb->start         be executed simultaneously
(multithreaded)

I tried to implement a daemon from inside the modulator core but did not
succed to make it execute continuously,

BTW I referred to:
http://www.netzmafia.de/skripten/unix/linux-daemon-howto.html
and also I tried to call: boost::thread t(boost::bind(foo,param1...))
                               t.detach();

==> Unsucess

Tried many other ways but always the 'foo' is being executed only once.
How can I have it execute alongsie of the top-block process running and
reading and writing the same variable without conflict or seg fault or any
other issue.

All explanations or hints are well appreciated,
Best regards,