[Discuss-gnuradio] Buffering samples from USRP

From: Till Hackler
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Buffering samples from USRP
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2013 17:13:49 +0100

Hi all,

I'm looking for something like a buffer block to include inside a C++ flowgraph.

I'm getting samples off an USRP N210 at ~17MSamps/sec, and they enter the flowgraph through an OsmoSDR source block. Unfortunately the downstream block (openLTE) cannot initially keep up with the data rate, and samples are lost inside the UDP kernel buffer.

Later, the downstream block changes into a "faster" state and I expect it to decrease the buffer fill level.

The docs (http://files.ettus.com/uhd_docs/manual/html/transport.html) suggest to increase the kernel buffer, but I was wondering if there would be a way to include a buffer inside the flowgraph?

I've come across gr::buffer, but it doesn't seem to be what I need (http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/discuss-gnuradio/2011-09/msg00345.html)

Many thanks!
Till