Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Resampling with USRP

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Resampling with USRP
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2013 10:42:08 -0400

On Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 10:28 AM, Dincer Beken <address@hidden> wrote:

I just mixed up things I guess.

After searching a bit more, I saw that the taps below whre for the frac. Resampler. I again looked at python in the NONE case and saw the def design_filter function and implemented it in C++. Did not reached my ultimate goal yet but I think that this is the real solution for the taps in C++ code.

Yeah, I was wondering what you were talking about with those taps.

For the rational_resampler, you have to build the taps based on the resampling rates you are using. It's probably best to look at gr-filter/pythong/filter/rational_resampler.py. When the taps specified are None, it auto-generates a filter for you. You can probably walk through this process and figure out how to design one for your needs.

Two things. First, you want to build the filter with respect to the highest sampling rate of the filterbank. With this design, that number is 'interpolation' (which is why in rational_resampler they set Fs=1 and the rest is relative to interpolation rate).

Second, the gain is necessary. When you interpolate, you are spreading the energy over the interpolated signal. Setting the gain adjusts for this change. Are you doing this as a receiver? If so, you won't hurt your front-end since this is applied digitally. If you are transmitting, you'll drive your signal non-linear, but the values will be clipped in the FPGA before they get to the analog hardware, anyways.

Tom