Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GnuRadio flowgraphs in workerthread

From: Alex3371
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GnuRadio flowgraphs in workerthread
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 11:48:21 -0700 (PDT)

Wow, thank you for your detailed answer.

But one thing I don't understand:

" If you called run() on the first one, it would not
return from that call until the flowgraph exited, and your second
flowgraph would get started too late. "

I don't want the flowgraphs to run parallel to each other. One flowgraph
senses the spectrum with the USRP and the second flowgraph transmitts a
signal with the same USRP (depending on the measurements of the spectrum).
So it's important that they run consecutively.

In this case, is it fine the way I do call run() for both flowgraphs? Would
replacing it with start() + wait() make any difference?

Also, I hope you don't mind if I add one more questions:

When the flowgraph is stopped by a head-block the threads are shutdown, but
the flowgraph itself still exists with all the blockinternal member
variables (including possible changes during the first run) and after a
head-reset it can be re-run with the run()-method. This re-run starts where
the previous run stopped. Is that correct?