Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Retrieving audio after FFT and IFFT

From: Martin Braun (CEL)
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Retrieving audio after FFT and IFFT
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 16:52:23 +0200

On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 04:44:00PM +0200, Sylvain Munaut wrote:
> > http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/5910/s2i3.png
>
> I'm not convinced by the way you handle the complex part of the FFT result ...
>
> You can't just drop it, it's needed for the reconstruction ...

You're right, but in this case the input was already real and the
"channel" doesn't modify the phase. So it's OK--the 'correct' thing
would be to do a real FFT.

See:
http://imgur.com/z733PGU

Works fine. If you want do to an ifft(fft(x)), you can't have windows
(feel free to do OS jokes here).

MB

--
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)