[Discuss-gnuradio] GNURadio Run with USRP2 Hangs on Execution

From: Paul B. Huter
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNURadio Run with USRP2 Hangs on Execution
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2013 17:39:21 -0500

I finally got my GNURadio Python script running, but after I execute the script, I get a UHD Warning about requested decimation (a few lines of text), then a single 0 on a newline, and nothing. I let it run for about five minutes, and my output file didn't change from 0 bytes.

I am trying to capture the entire shortwave frequency spectrum to analyze later (hence the output file). I am using a sample I found online, modified for GNURadio 3.7. I have set the following parameters

samp_rate = 30000000 (for 30MHz)
tune_request = 15000000 (for the middle frequency)
self._head = blocks.head(8, int(1000000)) (that is what the example stated to use for number of samples, but I will likely change that once I verify everything is working correctly)

I am not getting any errors, like I was initially before converting it all to 3.7, except not doing anything for five minutes and the output file size not growing.

Links to similar projects are welcome, and any feedback/help is appreciated.