Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr-fosphor : New RTSA-like visualization block fo

From: Sylvain Munaut
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr-fosphor : New RTSA-like visualization block for GNURadio using GPU acceleration
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2013 10:49:38 +0100

Hi,

> ImportError:
> /home/alc/sdr/pybombs/runtime/lib/libgnuradio-fosphor-3.7.0git.so.0.0.0:
> undefined symbol: clCreateFromGLTexture

Yes, I've been made aware of the issue but don't really know what to
do about it ...

Basically Ubuntu installs the OpenCL ICD from NVidia which is OpenCL
1.1 compliant. But instead of using the NVidia supplied headers, it
installs some standard headers from Khronos that define the OPENCL_1_2
symbol and so fosphor compiles for a OpenCL 1.2 API ...

Edit gr-fosphor/lib/fosphor/cl_platform.h and remove the #define
clCreateFromGLTexture2D clCreateFromGLTexture

> I have not installed glfw3 as it appears to be an optional component,
> is that true?

Technically yes, it's now optional for the GR block, you just don't
get the GLFW version of the block installed.

But without it you also can't run the benchmark and small test program
to debug issues if it doesn't work out of the box.

Cheers,

    Sylvain