[Discuss-gnuradio] USRP source block queries

From: Namrata Kamte
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP source block queries
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2013 10:34:15 -0600

Hello.

I am a graduate student researcher with the Satellite Technology Lab at The University of Texas at Arlington.

I've been trying to find out the working behind the USRP source block. I did find some basic description (like what it does in a few sentences and the arguments it accepts) in the GNU radio documentation but could not find detailed information. My queries include the following:

1:  How exactly does the USRP source block process an incoming signal? Meaning, what kind of signal processing techniques does it use?
2:  What kind of sampling techniques does the USRP block use on the incoming signal?

I've looked into the Python (Sphinx) and C++ (Doxygen) documentation provided by GNU radio but was unable to find a thorough design document on the USRP source block.

I was wondering if someone could please provide a detailed description of the USRP source block including it's signal processing and sampling techniques.
I am hoping to save all the time and effort that would go into going through all the USRP codes line by line.

Please pardon me if the above problem seems trivial or simplistic. I am very new to GNU radio and would really appreciate some direction.

Thanks and regards,
Namrata Kamte