Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Python chaos

From: Stefan Gofferje
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Python chaos
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2013 08:40:09 +0200

On 12/03/2013 04:50 PM, Tom Rondeau wrote:
> You probably upgraded your system to use QT5, which won't work with
> GNU Radio. See about finding a way to switch between QT4 and QT5 on
> your Suse system.

Nope, no QT5 here.

I posted the same question on the opensuse mailinglist some time ago and
Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:

---
The gnuradio app doesn't match the installed qwt lib. Something changed
in this area. I would check, which qwt version it is build against (on
build service, in build log) and install exactly that one.

Side note: I don't know about gnuradio, but this TB points to some
questionable concepts under its hood. The author is reinventing the
wheel by wrapping qwt himself - with swig. The point is, qwt is wrapped
already (called python-qwt5), and that's done in a "sane" way, using
python-sip - the same tool, that is used for python-qt{3,4} and
python-kde{3,4} wraps...
---

But again, I don't know anything about Python so I wouldn't know how to
diagnose the problem...

-S

--
 (o_   Stefan Gofferje            | SCLT, MCP, CCSA
 //\   Reg'd Linux User #247167   | VCP #2263