Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] how to implement synchronous source block correct

From: Artem Pisarenko
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] how to implement synchronous source block correctly ?
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2013 03:41:11 -0800 (PST)

> Yes. GNU Radio is a buffered streaming architecture, so as long as the
> production / consumption rates are equal on average, it should work.
> If they vary over time or really differ, then you'll end up with
> over/underruns

 This is exactly the problem. Rates are equal, but there are over/underruns,
even in simple "audio source -> audio sink" graph.

> Remember: there is no real realtime in general purpose signal
> processing with GR.

 Does it mean that I will not able to run in realtime simple graph with
48kHz signal source, Qt GUI Sink and audio sink on modern computer ?

> ah ok. But: stop() stops the flowgraph.

 No. Read my first post.

> Greetings, and happy hacking!

 Thanks. :) While hacking seems to be interesting, I prefer professional,
official supported and documented approaches.