Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Install: qa_volk_test_all fails on armv7

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Install: qa_volk_test_all fails on armv7
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2013 09:45:24 -0500

On Tue, Dec 3, 2013 at 3:13 PM, Monahan-Mitchell, Tim
<address@hidden> wrote:
>>> The volk test is failing on my gnuradio build on a Beaglebone Black
>>> (armv7h) running Arch Linux Arm.
>>>
>>> # make test
>>> start   1: qa_volk_test_all
>>> *** 2 failures detected in test suite "Master Test Suite"1/177 Test   #1:
>>> qa_volk_test_all .....................***Failed    9.88 sec
>
>>> Full output of ctest -V _R qa_volk_test_all is attatched.
>
>> which version of GNU Radio? These bugs were fixed on Nov. 19 and will be a
>> part of the 3.7.2.1 release.
>> See bugs #582 and #583 on our Issues page.
>> Tom
>
> After pulling the latest GR code (as of Dec 1) and doing a fresh build, my
> ARMv7 target's ctest output for qa_volk_test_all matches what Ken attached in
> the first message of this thread. So there is something still going on here.
> Is it possible some external component needs to be updated, that is outside
> of what's in the GR git tree?
>
> The output I originally logged in Bug #583 differs from our latest results,
> but the behavior is the same (in1/in2 values appear to match).
>
> The output I originally logged in Bug #582 (for ARM target) remains the same
> (in1/in2 values differ by 1).
>
> Regards,
> Tim

I just did a fresh install on my ARMv7 of the entire OS and GNU Radio
from the latest git checkout (was testing Balister's new OE manifest
and SDK) and everything is working great here.

When you say you did a "fresh build", what does that really mean? One
of the quirks of volk is that cmake /has/ to be rerun when these kinds
of changes are made. Best really to clean up everything to make sure
you're doing everything from a clean checkout. "git reset --hard; git
pull origin master; git clean -dxf;". Then rerun cmake and make from a
clean build directory.

The above might be overkill, so if you want a quicker test, start with
the clean git pull of the latest head and just make sure to rerun
cmake and make, not necessarily from an empty directory.

Tom