Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Stream selector and changing variable after N sam

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Stream selector and changing variable after N samples
Date: Sat, 07 Dec 2013 01:47:19 -0500

On 12/05/2013 12:41 PM, Aylons Hazzud wrote:
> I have been experimenting with the stream selector in gnuradio
> companion, but am stuck in situation.
>
> First, how do I change a variable after N samples? I want the signal
> to switch from a filter to another at a fixed rate, but blks2.selector
> uses a variable to do the switching.
>
> So, how could I change the value of this variable after N samples?
>
> Am I missing any documentation on using variables to dynamically
> change block behaviour? Looks like gr-extras is full of these
> situations, but I can't find documentation on how to use it.

That stream selector block probably has about 4 different incarnations
:-) But in any case, it switches the stream based on a property which is
set asynchronously to the data flow.

In your case, you probably want to create a custom block that will
direct a flow of samples from the input to one of several outputs -- the
key here being that the decision of how to direct the sample stream is
implemented in the work function so it can be synchronous with the stream.

Hope that helps,
-josh