Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Installation issue

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Installation issue
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2013 13:54:26 -0500

On 12/15/2013 01:18 PM, bob wole wrote:

On Sun, Dec 15, 2013 at 10:57 PM, Tom Rondeau <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sun, Dec 15, 2013 at 12:36 PM, bob wole <address@hidden> wrote:
> I installed gnuradio and UHD using instruction on
>
> http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/BinaryPackages#Binaries-from-Ettus-Research-Linux-Windows
>
> UHD programs are running fine e.g uhd_find _devices. But when I run
> $ gnuradio-config-info
> I get following
> gnuradio-config-info: error while loading shared libraries: liblog4cpp.so.5:
>
> I have also done sudo ldconfig and my paths are set properly. What could be
> the issue ?
>

> Can I use 'build gnuradio' script to install a specific version of gnuradio
> and UHD? If yes, how? What is the recommended way to do this?
>
> --
> bob

Do you have log4cpp installed? You can do it using 'apt-get install
liblog4cpp5-dev". That should sort you out.

It looks like that package might be built with the logger but log4cpp
is not defined as a dependency. I'll check with our package maintainer
on this.

Tom

Thanks Tom for reply.

sudo apt-get install liblog4cpp5-dev worked for me. I downloaded deb file from

I am unable to find the source code i.e .cc files for gnuradio blocks. Where I can  find them? Installing from "deb" does not download the source code as well?

Also, Its mention on the gnuradio page that build gnuradio script should be used for newer ubuntu versions. How can I use 'build gnuradio' script to install a specific version of gnuradio and UHD?

--
Bob