Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Unexpected issue with file source and USRP source

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Unexpected issue with file source and USRP source
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2013 09:14:45 -0500

On Sun, Dec 15, 2013 at 10:58 PM, Maria Stevens
<address@hidden> wrote:

>>> Are you observing overflows? If so, have you tried reducing the
>>> bandwidth and see if that helps?
>>

>> Thanks for your reply. I am not observing any overflows. I am using 500k
>> sample rate. My system specs are 6GB RAM core i7 ubuntu 12.04.
>>
>> What could be the issue ?
>>
>> Regards.
>> M.S.
>

> Any comments on this issue? Anything that i can try to cater this issue?
>
> Regards
> MS

I would agree with Martin. It sounds like you're dropping samples form
the USRP, so it's strange to hear you say you aren't seeing and
overflow indications.

The only thing else I can think of is that there's a sample rate
mismatch somewhere in the chain. And from your original email, I'm
assuming that you don't have a throttle in your flowgraph when using
the USRP?

If you can publish the simplest form of a transmit and receive
flowgraph we could look at or use to test, that might help understand
this better.

Tom