Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] problem with top_block.stop()

From: Kevin Reid
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] problem with top_block.stop()
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2013 07:11:42 -0800

On Dec 17, 2013, at 9:23, Sumedha Goyal <address@hidden> wrote:

> I am trying to pass two different parameters to my top_block class
> I m not able to do this please help. The control of program gets stuck at
> tb.stop() and doesn't go beyond that.
>
> tb=top_block(options,0.8)
> tb.start()
> tb.wait()
> tb.stop()
> sleep(5)

If you want to stop a running flow graph you must not wait() for it first.
wait() waits until either it is stopped or it completes naturally. Thus, you
want this order of operations:

  tb=top_block(options,0.8)
  tb.start()
  sleep(5)
  tb.stop()
  tb.wait()

The wait() occurs last so that what it is waiting for is only for the stop() to
complete, not for anything else.

--
Kevin Reid                                  <http://switchb.org/kpreid/>