Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr-rds

From: Bastian Bloessl
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr-rds
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 06:44:51 +0100

On 2014-01-14 14:21, Michael Dickens wrote:
Not RPATH; that's messed up and I don't recommend using it any more than
necessary.  I'm taking about the absolute path.  See my prior email on this
subject.  Here's what you do in CMake to fix this:
{{{
     IF(APPLE)
         SET_TARGET_PROPERTIES([LIBRARY] PROPERTIES
             INSTALL_NAME_DIR "${CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX}/${LIBRARY_DIR}"
         )
     ENDIF(APPLE)
}}}
where [LIBRARY] is the CMake name for the library as defined by the first argument to ADD_LIBRARY,
and LIBRARY_DIR is traditionally used to define where libraries are installed.  You might use
different names than this, but I think you can figure this out.  If you add this to both the .so
and .dylib CMakeLists.txt files, it should fix this issue since CMake will then handle setting both
the self-id and then any linkage correctly both for "make test" as well as after
"install".

Let me know if you want more direct help. - MLD

I never heard about install_name_dir, but I just pushed a fix and hopefully I got it right now :-)
Thanks for your help!

Btw if this is the way to link under OSX it might be a good idea to add this to the template of gr_modtool.