[Discuss-gnuradio] Help about using gr-air-modes

From: Cheng Chi
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Help about using gr-air-modes
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 15:48:07 +0800

Hi,

I am using gr-air-modes for decoding the air plane signal with USRP. I've successfully used the "modes_rx" and "modes_gui" for decoding the mode-S packets.

However, it seems that the modes_rx or modes_gui can't provide the timestamp of the mode-S packets being decoded. Is there any option that I can set to timestamp the mode-S packet? The reason I want this timestamp function is that I want to know the decoded packet data correspond to which part of the raw data (complex baseband data samples).

Thank you for any help you can provide in this situation.

I found that there's a file called "air_modes_preamble.cc" seems to provide the timestamp function. Does anyone know how to use this file separately?

Best regards,
Cheng Chi