[Discuss-gnuradio] QT GUI sink: Seg faults in GR 3.7.2.1-149-g67aa043b

From: Tom McDermott
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] QT GUI sink: Seg faults in GR 3.7.2.1-149-g67aa043b
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2014 18:25:23 -0800 (PST)

A flow graph that used to work in Gnuradio 3.7 now fails in 3.7.2.1

I've isolated it to the QT GUI Sink component, which causes the flowgraph to immediately
aborts with a segmentation fault.

Core was generated by `python ./top_block.py'.
#0  0x00007fc7f6c01125 in ?? ()
(gdb) i stack
#0  0x00007fc7f6c01125 in ?? ()
#1  0x00007fc7eeca32e9 in ?? ()
#2  0x0000000000000000 in ?? ()
(gdb)

Sorry - don't have symbol generation enabled....

If that QT GUI Sink is replaced by QT GUI Frequency Sink then everything runs OK.

Is this a known issue, or has the QT GUI Sink been deprecated? It appears on the lis
of choosable blocks in Gnuradio Companion.

I did not find an issue in the issue tracker related to this specific block.

-- Tom, N5EG