[Discuss-gnuradio] Resolved CtrlPort build problem

From: Tom McDermott
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Resolved CtrlPort build problem
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2014 22:39:39 -0800 (PST)

Have resolved my CtrlPort build problem on Ubuntu.

ICE 3.4 will not build under GCC 4.7 or 4.8.  I installed ICE 3.5 for Ubuntu 13.10 using the following script, claimed to work for Raring or later [1].  ice installed OK, ice-dev did not. Apparently ice-dev not needed, so consider eliminating it from the script below.

$ sudo su
# wget http://www.zeroc.com/download/Ice/3.5/ubuntu/ice3.5-raring.list -O- > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ice3.5-raring.list
# wget http://www.zeroc.com/download/RPM-GPG-KEY-zeroc-release -O- | apt-key add -
# apt-get update
# apt-get install ice ice-dev

When running Control Port monitor I get a screen with the running performance values for all the blocks, but no graphics of any kind. Is this normal?  Is there a way to dump the performance text values to a file?

-- Tom, N5EG

[1] http://crysol.github.io/recipe/2013-09-19/ice35-deb-packages-from-zeroc/#.UvchUvjiB2W