[Discuss-gnuradio] QT GUI Frequency Sink CPU usage

From: Jim Larsen
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] QT GUI Frequency Sink CPU usage
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2014 16:54:47 -0800 (PST)

The CPU usage of the QT GUI Frequency Sink is much higher than the QT GUI
Sink. I made a test flow graph with a noise source, throttle, and QT GUI
Sink using default parameters. I am running GNU Radio version 3.7.0, Xubuntu
13.10, on a MacBook with 2.4 Ghz Intel dual core CPU.

QT GUI Frequency Sink CPU usage
python: 43%
xorg: 58%

QT GUI Sink CPU usage