Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] LPF in FM receiver

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] LPF in FM receiver
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 17:53:40 +0100

Hi Aditya, Hi Pablo,

the multiples-of-carrier-frequency problem is being solved in hardware
(you can't do this in software, since mixing is still analog domain).

Anyway, as Aditya explained, since you are processing baseband
signals, a lowpass is actually a bandpass (you might at least think of
it as such) from -f_c to +f_c.
You need to do this, because the FM receiver should only deal with the
signal in the interesting band.

Greetings,
Marcus