Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Issue with the installation of GNU Radio

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Issue with the installation of GNU Radio
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 09:18:02 -0500

On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 3:55 PM, Ruecan <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi GR,
>
> I have installed GR 3.7 everything went ok, except that I forgot to set the
> PKG_CONFIG_PATH env. var.
>
> with
> export
> PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$PKG_CONFIG_PATH:<gnuradio_install_dir>/lib/pkgconfig:<uhd_install_dir>/lib/pkgconfig
>
> I just modified "gr-uhd/lib/usrp_source_impl.cc" and
> "gr-uhd/lib/usrp_sink_impl.cc".
> afterwhat I make then make install then got
>
> CMake Error at cmake_install.cmake:36 (FILE):
>   file cannot create directory: /usr/local/lib64/pkgconfig.  Maybe need
>   administrative privileges.
>
> My question is to apply my modifications on gr-uhd and make install, do I
> need to rm CMakeCache and make clean and cmake, make, make install Or I
> should do that the whole GNU Radio to take into account the PKG_CONFIG_PATH
> env. var. ?
>
> Regards,

You are trying to install into /usr/local, which probably is probably
write protected by normal users. You'll need to run 'sudo make
install' at this stage. Unless you aren't meaning to install into
/usr/local, which case, you should rerun cmake and pass it the
appropriate -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX value.

Tom