Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] RuntimeError: audio_oss_sink

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] RuntimeError: audio_oss_sink
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 15:00:57 -0500

On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 12:10 AM, PiccoIntegra <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Alex,
>
> I ran into the same problem with pybombs on Ubuntu. It seems there is a
> missing dependency for audio support for Ubuntu based distros. The missing
> package is libasound2-dev. I never figured out how to rebuild just the
> gr-audio portion, so I just rebuilt the gnuradio package.
>
> -Scott

One of the current issues with our gr-audio system is that is hides
what types of audio subsystems are being supported when you finish
configuring everything. We're working to update our cmake system with
more obvious results like this being printed at the end of running
cmake.

As for rebuilding just a part of GNU Radio for something like this,
you'll want to rerun cmake (maybe first rm CMakeCache.txt to make sure
the new dependency is updated) and then just run make. It will rebuild
some things, but should only build things that are influenced by the
changes. For more directed builds, you could, after rerunning cmake,
cd into gr-audio and run make and make install from there.

Tom