Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Cold not find Zynq gnuradio-runtime module

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Cold not find Zynq gnuradio-runtime module
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2014 15:44:15 -0400

On Sun, Mar 9, 2014 at 3:39 PM, Richard Cagley <address@hidden> wrote:
> I'm playing with gnuradio on zynq by following this tutorial
> http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/Zynq
>
> I'm playing with this great tutorial
> http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/Zynq
> But, when I try to run cmake on the gr-zynq project I get an error about the
> gnuradio-runtime missing. I searched through prior threads and found a brief
> mention of this problem but no solution. Can someone give me a hint as to
> how to start to fix this?
>
> address@hidden:/gr-zynq/build# cmake ..
> -- The CXX compiler identification is GNU 4.8.2
> -- The C compiler identification is GNU 4.8.2
> -- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/bin/c++
> -- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/bin/c++ -- works
> -- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
> -- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info - done
> -- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/cc
> -- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/cc -- works
> -- Detecting C compiler ABI info
> -- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
> -- Found PkgConfig: /usr/bin/pkg-config (found version "0.28")
> -- Build type not specified: defaulting to release.
> -- Boost version: 1.55.0
> -- Found the following Boost libraries:
> --   filesystem
> --   system
> -- checking for module 'gnuradio-runtime'
> --   found gnuradio-runtime, version 3.7.3git
> -- Could NOT find GNURADIO_RUNTIME (missing:  GNURADIO_RUNTIME_LIBRARIES)
> -- checking for module 'cppunit'
> --   found cppunit, version 1.13.1
> -- Found CPPUNIT: /usr/lib/libcppunit.so;dl
> CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:99 (message):
>   GnuRadio Runtime required to compile zynq

Check to see if you have libgnuradio-runtime.so as a symlink. Most
likely, you have libgnuradio-runtime-3.7.3git.so, but not the one
without the version info. This is a slight bug in the OE recipes (that
I keep meaning to mention to Philip).

Just create a symlink for each library you need:
libgnuradio-runtime,so <- libgnuradio-runtime-3.7.3git.so
libgnuradio-pmt.so <- libgnuradio-pmt-3.7.3git.so

Tom