Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gqrx segfaults: rtlsdr_read_async returned with -

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gqrx segfaults: rtlsdr_read_async returned with -5
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2014 12:45:23 -0400

On 03/21/2014 12:41 PM, M Dammer wrote:
I updated from a gnuradio 3.7.3 git version (before 3.7.3 was officially
released). I updated the pybombs recipes via git before the update.
"Pybombs update" removed all updateable gnuradio stuff and installed it
new as expected.
I can actually confirm the problem now on two machines. Both running
XUbuntu 12.04 64bit. One with an Intel core 2 due and the other with an
AMD "APU" processor. I usually had no problems running gnuradio, gqrx
and other related applications on both machines.
Can you explain what that rtlsdr_read_async... message means ?

Mark
That message is coming from the rtl-sdr driver code, which is seeing an error return from a libusb read transaction. Which means there's something
  wrong in the USB communications path between your PC and the dongle.

--
Marcus Leech
Principal Investigator