[Discuss-gnuradio] 802.15.4 transmitted signal structure

From: Ruecan
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] 802.15.4 transmitted signal structure
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 14:43:41 -0700 (PDT)

Hello GR,

Is there any one who has monitored the signal generated by transceiver.py
related to the 802.15.4 implementation. I want to understand the meaning its
structure.

I find out that it consist of a bursty transmission of a signal compound of
11 to 12 msec of wide-band signal followed by a narrower 400 Khz signal that
lasts around 10 msec and is 20 db stronger then the wide-band signal.

* Another unrelated point: I need to decrease at minimum the signal
transmitted, if I choose the gain at transmission at 0 dB. Is there a way to
even go beyond that:
Does it make sense to have the "blocks.multiply_vcc" in the transceiver.py
flowgraph values between 0 and 1 ? or that have nothing to do with
decreasing the magnitude of the signal transmitted ?

Regards,
Ruecan