Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to use a single-threaded scheduler

From: Bogdan Diaconescu
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to use a single-threaded scheduler
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2014 12:31:56 -0700 (PDT)

Interesting results at least for situations when the queue is before/after FFT. It is like the queue is starving the FFT. You could try to see what is the actual data that the scheduler passes to the FFT and the other blocks in each cases. From my experience, the smaller the chunks are the slower the flowgraph is (I guess an obvious discovery :) )

Bogdan

On Monday, March 31, 2014 10:07 PM, Marcus Müller <address@hidden> wrote:

That environment variable is "GR_SCHEDULER":

> git grep getenv
gnuradio-runtime/lib/top_block_impl.cc:char *v = getenv("GR_SCHEDULER");

and you need to set it to "STS":

export GR_SCHEDULER=STS
./my_gr_flowgraph.py

Greetings,