[Discuss-gnuradio] running multiple flow graphs simultaneously

From: Rob Miller
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] running multiple flow graphs simultaneously
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2014 17:29:05 -0400

Hi -

Is it possible to run more than one top_block at a time in gnuradio 3.7.x?  I have an application where I wish to run an additional flow graph periodically.  I have set up a thread that grabs samples via a probe from my main flow graph that is running all of the time, and uses that data to source another flow graph.  Everything appears to be running, however I want to be certain that I'm not doing something terribly wrong --- especially since two relevant sources of information seem to contradict my current mode of operation:

From the Python application writing tutorial (June 2008)

http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/TutorialsWritePythonApplications

From a January 2012 gnuradio mailing list post:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/discuss-gnuradio/2012-01/msg00145.html