Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Installing UHD and GR373 on Mint13

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Installing UHD and GR373 on Mint13
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 14:51:10 -0400

On Wed, Apr 9, 2014 at 3:42 PM, Robert Light <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi, I am trying to install UHD and GR373 on Linux Mint13.
I follow http://code.ettus.com/redmine/ettus/projects/uhd/wiki/GNURadio_Linux
When I run:
sudo apt-get install -t precise uhd
I get an error:
uhd : Depends: libboost-all-dev but it is not going to be installed

apt-cache policy libboost-all-dev

libboost-all-dev:
  Installed: (none)
  Candidate: 1.48.0.2
  Version table:
     1.48.0.2 0
        500 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ precise/universe amd64 Packages

apt-cache policy libboost-dev

libboost-dev:
  Installed: (none)
  Candidate: 1.48.0.2
  Version table:
     1.48.0.2 0
        500 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ precise/main amd64 Packages

sudo apt-get install libboost-dev
 libboost-dev : Depends: libboost1.46-dev but it is not going to be installed

So now it is a problem, as gnuradio373 will disable components as libboost1.46 is known as "bad".
And why libboost1.48-dev depends on libboost1.46-dev ????

It looks like Mint 13 has libboost1.48, which is ok. But I cannot install libboost-all-dev and then cannot install UHD.
How to solve the problem ?

Linux Edge 3.2.0-23-generic #36-Ubuntu SMP Tue Apr 10 20:39:51 UTC 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Sorry, Robert, this sounds like something to do with your setup and possibly Mint that would be really hard for us to debug externally.

My one suggestion is to try and use PyBOMBS to install GNU Radio:
http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/pybombs/wiki

With luck, it will just install its own version of Boost at version 1.53, but I'm afraid your OS might be in a state with various versions of Boost that could confuse the PyBOMBS build system.

Tom