Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Cannot find an item size

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Cannot find an item size
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2014 17:53:31 -0400

On 04/14/2014 05:50 PM, madengr wrote:
Try taking out the throttle.  That's only needed to limit the CPU when there
is no hardware dictating the sample rate.
Lou
KD4HSO

That's good advice in general.

But in this case, it seems the very-latest UHD doesn't quite "mesh" properly with Gnu Radio, and if you set the "wire format" in a UHD source/sink to "Automatic" you get this error. Unfortunately, "Automatic" is the default, but as a workaround, you can set the wire format to "Complex int16".

embob wrote
Ive got an USRP B100 which Im trying to get transmitting as a first step.
Ive built the latest GNU Radio from source (using the buildgnuradio script
from sbrac.org).

Ive setup a flow diagram (see image) which modulates a cosine and outputs
it to the USRP Sink.

Without the USRP block, the script works fine and I see the FFT Sink
moving. With the USRP Sink, I get the
error:

Ive had this error before in the day when I was first getting started but
it told me the size of the type mismatch. This time theres less to go on.

Can anyone point me in the right direction of finding out why its
happening?