Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] ctest -V segfault, coredump reveals nothing

From: Kiran Karra
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] ctest -V segfault, coredump reveals nothing
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2014 19:21:50 -0400

Any chance you can share the code?

I will try to get some approval here to release, however it may be a bit of
time before I am allowed to do that unfortunately.

Try and remove the .xml-file output from the test and run again. Maybe
it's a problem of persistence?

I tried this just now, still seg faulting but thanks for the suggestion.

Any ideas as to why I can't see a stacktrace in GDB even though I rebuilt the
code with debug symbols?  That seems strange to me.  Tim suggested that perhaps
this is due to ctest swallowing the segfault as a fail in the test ... and I
think that is actually what is happening, because I see ctest move onto the
next test.  I looked at ctest help but didn't find a way for it to not swallow
the segfaults... does anybody have any ideas here?

Thanks again,
Kiran