[Discuss-gnuradio] How to Access Received Data for Use In Changing RX Pa

From: Jonathan Fox
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to Access Received Data for Use In Changing RX Parameters
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2014 09:50:21 -0400

Hey List,

I have two scripts I am running, the ofdm_v1_tx_freq_test.py and the RX version of it (see flow graph images and attached transmitter Python script). I am transmitting a sinusoid using OFDM modulation over the USRP, it works perfectly.

I have made an alteration to the transmitter script by adding a frequency change function that goes off every 2.5 seconds. The frequency will inclemently go up 1 MHz 20 times before going back to the default. That code works; what I want to do now is to cease the sinusoid broadcast at every 2.5 seconds so I can transmit the new frequency to the receiver right before I change it. I think I can figure that part out, I may just use another vector source with the new frequency and have transmit five times. Probably use another flow graph to implement it. If there is a better way to do, I am open for ideas.

Now for my question: after receiving this new frequency on the RX side, how do I get my script to read this data and use it to change frequencies? I have a feeling that this may be simple to do but I am at a loss in figuring it out.

Please note, this is more of a proof of concept work, so there is a reason why I do not have identical frequency change functions in both TX and RX, the goal down the road is to get some DSA capabilities.

Thanks,

Jon