Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to start with stream tags

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to start with stream tags
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2014 14:39:39 +0200

Hi Hoang,

aha! Now you're mentioning USRPs, we know what platform type you refer to. What USRP are you using?

1. as you can see, these instructions belong into the work function of a block that you write. You'll have to work through the GNU Radio guides on the gnuradio.org start page, after which you'll be able to design your own functionality.
2. ?
3. The USRP sink only sends the samples to the device; there is no data in the sample stream (which I hope you understand, if you've understood Tom's presentation -- you can query if there are tags for a specific sample range, but there is no in-band data added).

All in all, it seems you're at the very beginning of understanding GNU Radio, and you've picked up that stream tags might be a suitable tool for you. They are, but you need some experience writing basic GNU Radio applications before you can use them.
Although that is currently work in progress, so far you can not instruct the USRP sink using stream tags -- the USRP source just adds a rx_time tag on certain events.

Hope that was a little insightful,
Greetings,

Marcus