Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Post Binary Slicer question

From: John Malsbury
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Post Binary Slicer question
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2014 09:41:23 -0700

Of course - I forgot whitening as a nother parameter to be tried.  Thanks!

-John

On Wed, Apr 30, 2014 at 9:38 AM, Michael Ossmann <address@hidden> wrote:
Cool!  In case either of you doesn't have this yet, here is an
implementation of the CC11xx whitening algorithm:

# XOR the output of this with a packet
def whitening(length):
        lfsr = 0x1ff
        white = 0
        for i in range(length):
                white <<= 8
                white |= (lfsr & 0xff)
                lfsr = advance(lfsr, 8)
        return white

Not all implementations use the whitening feature, but I once reversed
one that did.  The algorithm is described in the data sheet, but the
description is lacking a couple details that I had to figure out.

Mike