Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] On air 16_QAM transmission problem with USRP N210

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] On air 16_QAM transmission problem with USRP N210
Date: Thu, 1 May 2014 09:27:42 -0400

On Wed, Apr 30, 2014 at 1:01 PM, zielalaoui <address@hidden> wrote:
Yes I did, with channel model like that:
Noise voltage = 200m
frequency offset=50m
epsilon=900m
taps=1
seed=0
And I can receive data.

Ok. A couple of things. First, please keep the rest of the conversation in the mail and bottom post like this. It helps make sure that the thread is readable. Second, I've been trying to coax you into providing more information. When I originally asked if you had simulated the connection, explaining that you have tested with these parameters then would have saved us a lot of time. Please be complete in your explanations.

Now that you've done this part and verified that everything is working in simulation, try and see what's different about the incoming signal as opposed to the simulation. Is the frequency offset maybe too large? Is the received amplitude correct? Try mapping these into your simulation and see where things start to fall apart. At this point, you seem to have the basic setup correct and just need to continue to experiment with the settings.

Tom