Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Frequency Counter‏

From: madengr
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Frequency Counter‏
Date: Mon, 5 May 2014 08:41:22 -0700 (PDT)

jimsiaf91 wrote
> Hi list, Has anyone been able to implement a frequency counter yet?
> Any ideas on how I should try it?

I have been pulling FFT vectors out of the flow into python using a message
queue, then finding the frequency of the maximum bin.  I suppose you could
do this, retune the USRP or channelizer, then increase the decimation.  Keep
doing this to narrow down the spectrum.

I suppose a gated type counter would work too, where you just could the
cycles, and may work better for modulated signals.

Lou
KD4HSO