[Discuss-gnuradio] Signal drought

From: Greg Hulands
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Signal drought
Date: Mon, 05 May 2014 16:52:00 -0700

Hi,
I built all the code today using the build-gnuradio script and when I create a
simple GRC flow graph going from the USRP source to the waterfall plot, I get
no data coming in. I then built gqrx and ran it and it too doesn’t get any data
in from the device to display on its waterfall. I ran the rx_samples_to_file
example and captured some data, but when looking at it in a hex editor, it
doesn’t look like it captured anything in particular
(http://test.utr-software.com/sdr/rxdump.dat). I ran it with
./rx_samples_to_file —freq=107700000 —rate=1000000 —file=~/rxdump.dat.

I am new to gnu radio and sdr so I’m not yet sure how to dig in to debug these
issues.

Anything help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Greg