Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Facebook

From: Mostafa Alizadeh
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Facebook
Date: Tue, 20 May 2014 22:02:41 +0430

Hi Martin,

I must explain more about the page in order to avoid these questions. However, I'm gonna clarify.
First of all, I didn't know you have similar page of GNURadio on Facebook before and I don't know why the people didn't pay attention to that.

Secondly, I don't want to distract you from the mailing list, as you said there is the most attention. This is enough to have only one location for discussions and here is the best as I found. I just want to propagate GNURadio ideas and its news etc. (as a mean to attract more people).

Thirdly, as you mentioned, I have to do much on this page to make it up to date from time to time. However, I may do not have enough time to do so. Currently I'm looking for someone to help me on this.

Fourthly, I called the page "GNURadio" as it is. I also care about its verification. This is page isn't verified by Facebook. If it was verified by an original publisher, a sign of blue tick must be appeared next to the name of the  page, take a look at ted page.

I know if the page isn't designed carefully and interesting, it would harm the picture of GNURadio too.

For your questions:
# I just can decide on my status quo and now I can say that I handle the page but the future isn't deterministic for me.

# I believe in that this page will absolutely attract more people to GNURadio.