[Discuss-gnuradio] put a block to sleep

From: Mostafa Alizadeh
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] put a block to sleep
Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 14:23:44 +0430

Hello everybody,

I want to connect a source to a sink block but there must be a sort of synchronization between them. The sink block should ask the source to generate data stream on some specific instances. Between these instances, the source block must put to the sleep or be disabled. How could I do this?

I thought it was possible with exchanging messages between these two blocks by which the sink block send a message to the source to disable or enable it. But this doesn't work because the scheduler will remain on the source after generating only one block of data (I need to generate just one block) at the start up of the flowgraph!

best,
Mostafa