Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] PyBOMBS install gnuradio 3.7.4

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] PyBOMBS install gnuradio 3.7.4
Date: Thu, 22 May 2014 05:22:29 -0400

On Thu, May 22, 2014 at 1:43 AM, Activecat <address@hidden> wrote:
On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 4:29 PM, Martin Braun <address@hidden> wrote:
FYI, I don't like installing stuff to /usr/local. If you take PyBombs' directory, and then use -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX on your own OOT, that'll make both work and you don't have to screw around in your system's dirs.

With the "cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/home/user1/download/gnuradio/target  ../ ", one of the python files is still installed into /usr/local. The block also doesn't show up in the block tree.

Instead of /home/user1/download/gnuradio/target/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/activecat/abc.py,
it wrongly installed to /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/activecat/abc.py

As a result  I have to copy it manually to the correct location.

It seems PyBOMBS is still very problematic.

I'm failing to see how your hand installation of your own OOT module has anything to do with PyBOMBS?

Tom