Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Out of Tree Encryption block

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Out of Tree Encryption block
Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 22:45:27 +0200

Hi Dushyant,

A side note:
I'm going to go assume that with "encoder" and "decoder" you mean
Channel Coding.
You *must* do channel coding after encryption, otherwise you won't get
decryptable bits
as soon as you don't have infinite SNR. This is not optional, because
with proper
encryption a single flipped bit will damage your signal in several places.
This thread reminds me of
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/discuss-gnuradio/2014-04/msg00277.html
so there might a solution to your problem there; Ralph has posted some
interesting insights
back then.

Usually, you'll want to have something that applies something like a
block cipher on packetized data.
Although I'm not aware of any existing Modules that do this, using
stream tagged blocks, and the
gr-digital header demux infrastructure, you should be able to packetize
your data and encrypt the payload
en bloc, for example using AES.

Greetings,
Marcus