Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] run a top block within a block!

From: Activecat
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] run a top block within a block!
Date: Sat, 31 May 2014 21:27:34 +0800

On Sat, May 31, 2014 at 5:53 PM, Mostafa Alizadeh <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Activecat,
I wanna change both block parameters and their connections also adding or removing some blocks.
This is interesting if it's possible to build a flowgraph within the work function of a block which allows me to change a part of the main flowgraph!

In my knowledge, hierarchical blocks do not have "work()" function.
They are usually coded in python, consisting "self.connect()" to connect up its building blocks.

However, the problem is the source and sink for the flowgraph within the block (or work function). I think this also possible to have a source (sink) which simply gives a pointer, which points to the input(output) of the block(with this dynamic flowgraph) and a number of items to produce (consume).

This is more than just a hier_block.

I don't really understand your statements but I hope you could accomplish what you want.
Thanks.