Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] a criticism to GNURadio's scheduler!

From: Mike Jameson
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] a criticism to GNURadio's scheduler!
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2014 09:48:28 +0100

The "Throttle" block is required if you are not using any external hardware:

http://gnuradio.org/doc/doxygen/classgr_1_1blocks_1_1throttle.html

Mike

--
Mike Jameson M0MIK BSc MIET
Ettus Research Technical Support

On Sun, Jun 1, 2014 at 9:30 AM, Mostafa Alizadeh <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,
I worked on GNURadio for many hours. After all, I prepared my blocks in c++. However, the source by which I produce random bits (items with sizeof(char) ) doesn't work properly! By properly I mean, I wanted GNURadio to lead me control how it's going to call the source. It's crazily calling the random bit generator so many times.

I think this is because of the GNURadio's strategy for executing blocks to achieve as maximum throughput as possible! So GNURadio translates it to call the source as much as possible.(no matter what is the source, here is the random bit generator)

Am I right? If I am, what is the solution?

Best,
Mostafa