Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Measuring phase between channels

From: Stephen Harrison
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Measuring phase between channels
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 16:47:44 -0700

I did an experiment similar to this a year or so ago. I synced all the USRPs to the same 10MHz and PPS. I had pretty good results using libgps to get the GPS time and then using UHD to start streaming on a particular PPS edge on all units. With LFRX boards this will ensure that the DDCs start at the same time and start from zero degrees. I seem to remember there was some small random variation from run to run. If you are just looking for relative changes in phase difference I found this approach works fairly well.