Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Simple block with constant rate

From: caruiz.ext
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Simple block with constant rate
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2014 18:03:34 +0200

Monday I will post the code (I have it in the lab).

Thank you ;)

El 25-06-2014 17:29, Activecat escribió:

On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 6:53 PM, caruiz.ext <address@hidden> wrote:
Activecat, my input block is a variable delay.

- I have a signal recorded in a file.

- Signal enters in a variable delay (delay is controlled by another block).
- Signal enters in Add noise block.

File --> Variable delay --> Add noise --> out

My problem is that if variable delay is, for example, 5 samples: a sample enters, the block "waits" 5 samples, the sample leaves. Then my output is: sample_3,- , - , - , - , - ,sample_2 , - , - , - , - , - , sample_1

Could you please explain how did you build the "variable delay", do you use the built-in "delay" block?
If this is a custom delay block, please show your code.

Meanwhile your understanding about the delay block is wrong.
Says, the input is:  s1, s2, s3, s4, s5.
After going through the delay block (with delay=5), the output becomes: 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, s1, s2, s3, s4, s5.
The output of delay block will never be "-" but it could be "0" (zero).

Probably you just need the standard "Add" block instead of your custom block above.
Could you try this first..?