[Discuss-gnuradio] Simulation with MAVLink protocol

From: Paulo Roberto
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Simulation with MAVLink protocol
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2014 18:12:55 -0300

Hello, I have some needs and I'd like to know if GnuRadio can help me with it. I have already read some material at GR website and I didn't get the answer.
I need to receive and send packets with a specific protocol called MAVLink, used in mini UAVs. More specifically I am thinking about developing a sniffer.
I don't have sdr hardware for now, then for starting I am thinking on simulation. My doubts are as follows:

- Is it possible to implement a new protocol for sending and receive packets? (MAVLink protocol)

- My idea is to simulate the exchange between a UAV and a control ground station. Would it possible to do it?

Thanks in advance.