Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Arbitrary ADC resolution at the receiver

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Arbitrary ADC resolution at the receiver
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2014 15:41:17 +0200

Hi Leo,

well, I'd argue that reducing receiver complexity doesn't really happen
when you start changing the FPGA with respect to dev effort; I can see
your DDC numerical accuracy point, though.
However, how would reducing the ADC resolution make artifacts more
noticable? As you get ca -6dB theoretical SNR with each bit you cut at
the ADC, errors in the DDC should become less relevant, not more.

 Best Regards,
Marcus