[Discuss-gnuradio] Hierarchical blocks (arbitrary or variable numbers of

From: Orin Lincoln
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Hierarchical blocks (arbitrary or variable numbers of inputs or outputs not supported)
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2014 13:19:19 -0400

Hello,

I am trying to create a hierarchical block with a variable number of outputs, but I get this error: "RuntimeError: Hierarchical blocks do not yet support arbitrary or variable numbers of inputs or outputs"

This appears to be a known issue [1], and I'm wondering what the best work around is. I think I can simply create an IO Signature with the maximum possible outputs I will need, and then connect a null source to all of the outputs I'm not intending to use. Is that a good idea?

Thanks,
Orin

[1] https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/discuss-gnuradio/2009-04/msg00011.html