Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] What do Packet Encoder and Packet Decoder do?

From: Nguyễn Văn Lý
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] What do Packet Encoder and Packet Decoder do?
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2014 21:14:00 +0700

Thank you Tom,

I found a note in documentation of the Packet Encoder block where it declares that the Packet Encoder is for use with the gnuradio modulator blocks: GMSK, DPSK, QAM. I don't know why only these modulator blocks are supported, but not some popular things like BPSK or QPSK. Another thing is that my task requires the use of OFDM.

Suppose now I have a simple flow graph as below:
File Source -------> Packet Encoder -------> Packet Decoder ---------> File Sink
I wonder what types of file can be loaded and processed properly in the File Source block (text, image, or video ...), and the same question for the File Sink block :-)

Thank you so much
Van-Ly

Van-Ly Nguyen,
Signals and Systems of Laboratory - SSL
Faculty of Electronics and Telecommunications - FET
University of Engineering and Technology - UET
Vietnam National University, Hanoi - VNU

Tel: (+84) 978 819 406